Forgot iPhone lock screen passcode.Can’t access iPhone.This tutorial provides an official way to remove and create a new passcode without using a computer.
How to unlock iphone passcode without computer
“I’m gonna show you how you can easily reset your iPhone lock screen passcode, so how you can literally remove the Forgotten passcode and create a new one.”
Requirements and Compatibility
- iPhone needs to be running at least iOS 15.2 or newer
- Internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular)
Step 1: Triggering the "iPhone Unavailable" Message
- Enter a wrong passcode multiple times until the screen shows “iPhone unavailable, try again in one minute.”
- Repeat this step four times until it displays “iPhone unavailable, try again in one hour.”
“All you have to do is actually type in a wrong passcode … until we see iPhone unavailable, try again in one hour.”
Step 2: Initiating the Erase Process
- After waiting for one hour, ensure your iPhone is connected to the internet.
- Enter a wrong passcode again and observe the “iPhone unavailable” message.
- Select “Erase iPhone” when prompted.
“All you have to do is tap on ‘Erase iPhone’ and then you can see right here, ‘Erase all content and settings.'”
Step 3: Setting up Your iPhone
- Wait for the erasing process to complete.
- Follow the initial setup steps as if you were setting up a new iPhone.
- Select language, region, and proceed with the setup process.
“As you can imagine, your old forgotten passcode is gone. It’s not here anymore. We have successfully removed it.”
Step 4: Recovering Your Data
- If you have an iCloud backup, you can restore your data from it.
- Complete the setup process and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Follow the prompts to restore your apps, settings, and data.
“If you have a backup … you can recover from an iCloud backup so you can get all your information back.”
Regaining access to your iPhone without a computer
- You can regain access to your iPhone by restoring it from iCloud or from a computer backup.
- This method allows you to bypass the passcode and set up a new one.
“Restore your iPhone from iCloud or a computer backup to regain access.”
1. Can I unlock my iPhone passcode without using a computer?
Yes, it is possible to unlock your iPhone passcode without a computer using a few different methods, but the available options may vary depending on your iPhone’s iOS version and settings.
2. What if I forgot my iPhone passcode and don't have access to a computer?
If you forgot your iPhone passcode and don’t have access to a computer, you can still try some methods to regain access. For example, you can use iCloud’s “Find My iPhone” feature to erase your device remotely and then set it up again without a passcode.
3. How does "Find My iPhone" help in unlocking the passcode without a computer?
“Find My iPhone” allows you to remotely erase your device and set it up as new without a passcode. By using this feature, you can unlock your iPhone and gain access to it again.
4. What are the requirements for using "Find My iPhone" to unlock the passcode?
To use “Find My iPhone” to unlock the passcode, your iPhone must be connected to the internet, and the “Find My iPhone” feature must be enabled in your device settings. Also, you should have an iCloud account associated with the iPhone.
6. Will using "Find My iPhone" erase all my data on the iPhone?
Yes, using “Find My iPhone” to unlock your iPhone passcode will erase all the data on your device. This is why it’s essential to have a recent backup of your data if you decide to go through this process.